This yummy BLTA chicken salad is a quick and easy solution for a mama on the go! Diced chicken, bacon, tomatoes and avocado are tossed in a smokey and creamy dressing.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 lb boneless. skinless chicken breast halved to make cutlets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon avocado or olive oil based mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 head of romaine or butter lettuce for wrapping
- IN A LARGE SKILLET OR FRYING PAN, cook bacon over medium heat for 2-3 minutes each side, or until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and allow to cool on a paper towel lined plate.
- SEASON THE CHICKEN BREAST CUTLETS, with salt and pepper and place into the pan with the bacon drippings. Cook 3 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reads 165˚F and the inside is no longer pink. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- IN A SMALL BOWL, whisk together mayo, lime juice, garlic and chili powder.
- ONCE THE CHICKEN AND BACON are cool, chop into 1/2-inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients (tomato, green onion, avocado, and eggs) to the bowl quickly toss to evenly distribute the ingredients. Pour the mayo mixture into the bowl with additional salt and pepper to taste and toss again to coat.
- SPOON THE SALAD into 2-4 lettuce cups per person and serve cold.