One of my best mama friends came to visit us for a weekend and she made this AMAZING baked french toast for us. Everyone has been asking for the recipe since we shared.
You can follow Lauren on IG at @ahappyhealthymama!
- 1 loaf Brioche
- 8 oz brick-style cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbs powdered sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 large eggs
- 2 1/4 c. whole milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2/3 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 c packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 tbs unsalted butter, cubed
- Grease a 9×13 pan with butter or spray with non-stick spray
- Slice, then cube bread into 1-inch sections. Spread half the bread cubes into the baking pan
- Use a handheld or stand mixer to beat cream cheese until smooth, adding in powdered sugar and vanilla
- Drop random spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture on top of the bread, layer the remaining bread cubes and top off with remaining cream cheese. Set aside
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, brown sugar and remaining tsp of vanilla.
- Pour over the bread cubes and cream cheese
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare the topping
- Topping: whisk together brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon along with butter cubes in a medium bowl
- Bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown on top