We’re taking baked eggs to the next level by adding a sweet potato/cheddar cheese base for the most delicious, satisfying, savory breakfast you’ll eat this year!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 minutes
Author: Lee Hersh
1/2 cup sweet potatoes, grated (~1 small sweet potato)
1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
8 large eggs
salt and pepper, to taste
Serving Size: 1 egg cup Calories: 103 Sugar: 1
Fat: 6 Carbohydrates: 4 Fiber: 1 Protein: 8
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a muffin tin with coconut oil cooking spray. Alternatively, place liners in the muffin tin so clean up is easy!
Peel a medium sweet potato and use a cheese grater to grate potato.
2. Place 1/2 cup grated sweet potato, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, and 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder in a bowl and mix until combined.
3. Using a tablespoon as your scooper, scoop one heaping tablespoon of sweet potato mixture on the bottom of 8 muffin tins.
4. Crack a large egg on top of each cup and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Bake eggs at 375ºF for 13-15 minutes or until eggs are at desired consistency. Notes
Reheat the next day in the microwave on high for 30-60 seconds.