Just toss everything in the crockpot and by evening your house will be filled with the delicious smell of Chicken tortilla soup! YUM!
Anyone can make this easy soup recipe!
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (can be frozen)
- 1 can of black beans or Pinto beans ( could do half and half)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies (roasted tomatoes are also good)
- 1 red pepper 1 yellow pepper chopped
- ½ onion chopped ( I do a full because we like onion)
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 1 can of corn
- 1/2 C. heavy cream (optional)
- 32 oz. of Chicken Broth
- 1 Tsp Chili powder
- 1 Tsp of Cumin
- ½ Tsp of Garlic Salt
- 2 TBL taco seasoning
- Salt to taste
- tortilla chips
- shredded cheese
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- Toss everything in your crockpot (not including chips, cheese, cilantro and cream) in the morning, layer the onion, peppers, beans, corn in, then lay the chicken down toss on the seasonings cover with the broth and enchilada sauce. Cover and cook on low all day (6 to 8 hours). Once cooked, shred chicken and place back into the crockpot. Stir. OPTIONAL add in heavy cream 1 hr before serving to make it creamier.
- To Serve, spoon into a bowl, top with crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese and fresh cilantro, my girls love adding a little dollop of sour cream, or if your trying to ” healthify” it use unsweeteend greek yogurt.